Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Salutation to the Son...

This morning I woke to a night filled with dreams of my eldest son. He is a tea lover of note. Perhaps a chip off the old block and I don't mean me! :-) Like myself, he is an early riser. Although that has changed since he took on the night shift. I think we both share the feeling of owning the entire Planet in those hours just before the business of the day begins.Sipping from an extra large sized mug of tea, listening to the first trilling of bird life, the distant call to prayer fluttering like ribbons across a mercurial sky...simple delights. I'm reminded then to call him, for a chat over a pot of tea, to remind him how much I appreciated his help as the eldest brother, as the child who's room was always tidy, as the boy who loved his soccer, as a teen who played the guitar, as a man who takes care of his beloved.Sometimes all it takes is a pot of tea between you and someone you love, and an amiable silence that says it all....

No comments:

Post a Comment